Ertalyte® is a proprietary, semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester based on polyethylene terephthalate (PETP).
The unique properties of Ertalyte® offers good chemical and abrasion resistance whilst its low moisture absorption enables mechanical and electrical properties to remain virtually unaffected by moisture
Video courtesy of the Quadrant group of companies.
Main properties of our range of Ertalyte® sheet, rod and tube are:
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable with or even better than nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than nylon and polyacetal
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)