Duratron PEI Duratron PEI
Duratron® PEI (Polyetherimide) stock shapes are produced from Ultem® 1000 resin. This advanced polymer features a combination of outstanding thermal, mechanical and electrical properties, together with very low flammability and low levels of smoke evolution during combustion making it extremely suitable for electrical / electronic insulators and a variety of structural components requiring high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures.
Video courtesy of the Quadrant group of companies.
Thanks to the good hydrolysis resistance of polyetherimide and because the raw material used for the production of Duratron® PEI stock shapes is USP Class VI compliant, medical devices* and analytical instrumentation are obviously important application fields.
an implantable applications.
Main properties of our range of Duratron® PEI sheet and rod are:
- High maximum allowable service temperatures in air (170°C continuously)
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperature
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance (suitable for repeated steam sterilisation)
- High toughness, even at low temperatures
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Very good dimensional stability
- Translucent, non-optical quality
- Very good resistance against high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties
Duratron® PEI is available in:
This product is not currently available to buy online, for pricing & availability or for more information, please contact us.
You can also download: